13–15 September 2018 9th Symposium on Green Networking and Computing (SGNC 2018)
Split and Supetar, Croatia
The 9th Symposium on “Green Networking and Computing” (SGNC 2018) will be held in the frame of the 26th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications, and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2018). The topic of “green networking and computing” is attracting growing attention for economic, energetic, and environmental reasons. The rapidly increasing amount of power consumed by ICT, as well as the energy bills of service providers, contributes to the economic reasons. According to a number of studies, ICT alone is responsible for between 2 and 10% of world power consumption, due to the ever-increasing diffusion of electronic devices. Communication networks, including the Internet and wireless networks, represent a non-negligible part of the energy consumption of ICT. In addition, the carbon footprint of ICT devices due to energy consumption and the activities related to their entire lifecycle contributes to global warming.
In the very last years, energy-saving techniques are being considered for communication networks with new generation devices and network management approaches exploiting algorithms and protocols for adapting the network to the varying traffic load. The Symposium on “Green Networking and Computing” aims to serve as a platform for researchers and visionaries from academia, research labs, and industry from all over the world. Sharing ideas, views, results, and experiences in the field of green wired and wireless networking is what the “Green Networking and Computing” Symposium is intended to be about. Anything from theoretical and experimental achievements to innovative design and management approaches, prototyping efforts, and case studies are in Symposium focus.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Power consumption models of networking infrastructure
- Power measurements and data from empirical studies of communication networks
- Techniques for reducing power consumption in data centers
- Hardware and architectural support for reducing power consumption
- Energy efficient network management and internet of things (IoT)
- Green network design and energy-efficient smart grids
- Applications of green networking technologies and principles
- Cross-layer optimizations for reducing energy consumption
- Optimization of energy consumption in optical networks
- Energy-efficient protocols and protocol extensions
- Energy-efficient transmission technologies
- Energy-efficient peer-to-peer networking and overlays
- Energy-efficient cloud computing and network function virtualisation
- Green wireless access networks and energy-efficient fog computing
- Green wired access networks
- Green future Internet and software-defined networking
- Energy cost models for network operators
- Energy-efficient sensor networks
- Renewable energy sources for communication networks
- Antenna design and transmission technologies for reducing energy consumption
- Green communication technologies for smart cities
- Energy efficient vehicle and industrial communications
- Energy-efficient critical communications.
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Authors of all accepted papers will be invited to extend their papers for further possible publication in the Sensors Journal.
Web link for paper submission in EDAS system (Symposium on Green Networking and Computing): https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=24512&track=89597
For more details, please visit: