Special Issue "Advances in Control, Automation and Robotics"
A special issue of Robotics (ISSN 2218-6581).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 November 2018).
Interests: computational intelligence; robotics; control engineering
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This Special Issue is intended to showcase the most recent research developments in the areas covered in the 2018, Fourth International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR) held in Auckland, New Zealand in April 2018. The issue will include revised, updated and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the conference. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following broad fields:
- Robotics and Automation,
- Intelligent Control Systems and Optimization,
- Signal Processing, Sensors, Systems Modelling and Control, and
- Industrial Engineering, Production and Management
We, the Guest Editors, have identified a select few cutting-edge papers out of the close to hundred papers included in the Conference Proceedings indexed on IEEE XPLORE at https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp
The selection criteria included: novelty of approach, practicality of proposed solutions, contribution (s) to the state-of-the-art, originality, and clarity of presentation. The papers originated from Australia, Canada Ecuador, Germany, Japan, Peru, Sri Lanka, Sweden, and the United States. The topics covered by the selected papers include the following areas:
- Advanced Intelligent Control
- Applications of intelligent control to autonomous systems
- Intelligent Optimization and Applications
- Autonomous (Unmanned) land/underwater/aerial vehicles
- Stress-Engineered MEMS Microrobots
- Interactive Evolution Computation Emotional Expression Platform
- Trajectory Generation for Needle Winding Robot
- Lower Extremity Exoskeleton Robots
- Real-Time Monitoring of Flight Tests with a Novel Fixed-Wing UAV
- Fault Tolerant Control Design for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Control of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems Using Neural Networks
- Hybrid Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Benthic Monitoring
- Axis Symmetric Parallel Mechanism with Coaxial Actuated Arms.
Dr. Ferial El-Hawary
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Robotics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- actuator faults
- anthropomorphic architecture
- automatic flight guidance and control
- autonomous underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Computational intelligence
- emotional expression
- fault tolerant control
- global control selective response (GCSR)
- guidance, navigation and control (GNC)
- human robot interaction
- Intelligent control
- lower extremity exoskeleton robot
- nonholonomic system
- parallel mechanisms
- remotely operated vehicle (ROV)
- trajectory planning
- unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)