A section of Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989).
Food Science provides the results of original research on the physical, chemical, biological and health aspects of food science and technology, and includes reviews related to food science, with a particular focus on the biological roles of metabolites and small molecule biomarkers. This section accepts researches on food compositional and/or functionality changes during and after food processing through physical, chemical, and biological means. In addition, the Food Science section covers research on the bioactive function and nutrition of food and its components, including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and phytochemicals, based on in vitro and in vivo model studies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The identification, structure elucidation and quantification of metabolites from foods;
- Nutritive value/bioavailability, trace elements, functional foods, nutraceuticals;
- Application of emerging technology to extract metabolites from foods;
- Active packaging;
- Natural antioxidants to food preservation;
- Food allergens/contaminants.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Prevention and Alleviation of Metabolic Syndrome with Food Factors (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Grape and Wine Metabolome Analysis (Deadline: 15 March 2022)
- Metabolomics in the Development of Dietary and Food Exposure Biomarkers (Deadline: 1 April 2022)
- New Reviews and Advances in Nutrimetabolomics (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: