Special Issue "Advances in Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 May 2023 | Viewed by 793
Interests: machine learning; predictive analytics; accounting information systems
Interests: banking; machine learning; blockchain and cryptocurrencies
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Predictive analytics is presently a very active research area with a large scope with regard to applications and theory. Machine learning in recent years has become one of its core foundation pillars. Predictive analytics in accounting and finance provide key challenges that can be addressed with machine learning techniques and methodologies. This Special Issue focuses on predictive analytics in accounting and finance and the latest developments of machine learning in these areas. Moreover, we focus on the synergy between machine learning and predictive analytics within the context of accounting and financial management. We welcome new developments in predictive analytics and machine learning that is relevant to accounting and finance, including foundations and innovative applications. Theoretically and empirically well-founded contributions and their real-world applications that provide new foundations in predictive analytics and machine learning are welcome.
Research is needed to understand and improve the potential and suitability of predictive analytics and machine learning in the context of financial management services. This will provide a much deeper understanding and better decision making based on data. It will also present opportunities for improving machine learning and predictive analytics algorithms and methods on aspects such as reliability, dependability, and scalability, as well as demonstrate the benefits of these methods in risk and financial management.
This Special Issue solicits a broad research audience, combines numerous real-world best practices and foundational issues, and is relevant to industry practitioners interested in predictive analytics and machine learning. Contributions must be new, unpublished, original, and fundamental work. All submissions will be blind peer-reviewed using scientific criteria.
We welcome original research papers on all aspects of predictive analytics and machine learning, including the following topics:
Foundations of Machine Learning in Predictive Analytics
- Feature engineering and data preprocessing
- Reinforcement learning
- Risk analysis
- Causality, learning casual models
- Semi-supervised and weakly supervised learning
- Data streaming and online learning
- Deep learning
- Visual analytics
- Big data analytics governance
- Big data implications in enterprise models and practices
- Big data and machine learning impacts on knowledge management
- Knowledge development, discovery, and decision making from big data in financial management
- Data mining, statistical modeling, and machine learning for financial management
- How big data analytics can enable accounting and financial management services
- Novel approaches to risk and financial management based on data analytics and machine learning
- Leveraging data analytics in accounting and financial management
- The future of predictive analytics and machine learning in accounting and financial management
- Creating organizational value from predictive analytics and machine learning
- IoT applications in accounting and financial management
Predictive Analytics for the Next Digital Era
- The impact of blockchains, cryptocurrencies on accounting and finance
- Climate change and sustainable environment.
Prof. Dr. Kevin Dow
Dr. Dulani Jayasuriya
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Risk and Financial Management is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- predictive analytics
- machine learning
- causal models