Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
- IJERPH Home
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Reviewer Board
- Topical Advisory Panel
- Instructions for Authors
- Special Issues
- Sections & Collections
- Article Processing Charge
- Indexing & Archiving
- Editor's Choice Articles
- Most Cited & Viewed
- Journal Statistics
- Journal History
- Journal Awards
- Society Collaborations
- Editorial Office
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
25 March 2022
Recruiting New Section Editors-in-Chief for the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
To ensure the efficient and high-quality production of our journal, we have added several new Sections and are currently seeking nominations and applications for the position of Section Editor-in-Chief (SEiC) for the following Sections:
- “Mental Health” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/Mental_Health);
- “Digital Health” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/Digital_Health);
- “Health Care Sciences & Services” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/health_care_sci);
- “Adolescents” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/adolescents);
- “Aging” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/aging);
- Nursing (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/nursing);
- “Environmental Microbiology” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/environmental_microbiology_);
- “Disabilities” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/disabilities);
- “Air” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/Air);
- “Skin Health” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/skin-health);
- “Reproductive Health” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/reproductive-health);
- “Traumas” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/traumas);
- “Disease Prevention” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/disease_prevention);
- “Biosafety” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/biosafety);
- “Chemoenvironment” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/chemoenvironment);
- “Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being” (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/sections/health-related_quality_of_life_and_well-being).
If you are a researcher in a related field and are passionate about participating in the publication of cutting-edge research, please do not hesitate to get in touch about joining the Editorial Board.
The responsibilities of the Section Editor-in-Chief include the following:
- Defining the aims and scope of the Section;
- Advising on the strategic development of the Section;
- Providing support and guidance to the Editorial Board Members and editorial staff where required;
- Inviting distinguished scientists to join the Editorial Board;
- Maintaining oversight of the editorial process to ensure that the published content is of high quality, and discussing possible improvements;
- Suggesting themes/subjects for Special Issues and assisting in inviting Guest Editors to lead these Special Issues;
- Performing pre-checks of new manuscripts, and making final decisions after peer review and revisions when requested;
- Chairing the annual Editorial Board meeting;
- Acting as an ambassador for the journal, MDPI, and open access publishing.
The Section Editor-in-Chief should be a leader in their particular field of research and will be responsible for checking and maintaining the scientific quality of a particular section in the journal. The Section Editor-in-Chief is expected to oversee the growth and development of the journal sections and board members. The Section Editor-in-Chief position is honorary; therefore, MDPI will support the Section Editor-in-Chief with an annual honorarium. Additionally, as the Section Editor-in-Chief, you will be granted the opportunity to publish two papers in the journal per year—these will be free of charge once accepted for publication.
The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH, ISSN 1660-4601) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open access journal published semimonthly online by MDPI. It covers Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Public Health, Environmental Health, Occupational Hygiene, Health Economic and Global Health Research, etc. It is indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)—Web of Science and is to be covered in Scopus. Citations are available in PubMed and full-text archived in PubMed Central.
Applications or nominations must include:
- A complete curriculum vitae (CV);
- A personal statement summarizing a proposed vision and plans for this section.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2022. Please contact us ([email protected]) before the deadline.
We look forward to working with you in the future.