Special Issue "The Analysis of Public Transport Systems Based on Optimization Method"
A special issue of Future Transportation (ISSN 2673-7590).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2023) | Viewed by 171
Interests: transportation planning and management; transportation network modeling; travel behaviour analysis; vehicle routing problem; autonomous public transport vehicle development
Interests: transportation planning and management; timetabling; vehicle/train scheduling; passenger demand control; autonomous public transport vehicle development
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Developing public transport systems can reduce traffic congestion and traffic pollution effectively and can thus improve the sustainability of the transportation system. Nowadays, the public transport system consists of various traffic modes, including bus, metro, taxi, public bike, etc. This Special Issue aims to study optimization problems related to each public traffic mode or multimodal transport and to optimize the mode split in order to distribute traffic demand rationally. Specifically, possible topics of the Special Issue may include, but are not limited to:
- Multimodal transport: traffic mode choice model; traffic mode choice control/induction; connection between public transport modes.
- Conventional public transport management: Timetable; vehicle schedule; routing optimization, driver schedule.
- Metro management: Timetable; train schedule; station location problem.
- public bike management: station location problem; vehicle routing problem; bike deployment problem; bike distribution problem; bike sharing.
- Taxi management: taxi deployment problem; supply and demand distribution problem.
- Future mobility: intelligent transportation systems; demand response transport; electric public vehicle development; autonomous public transport vehicle development; new technologies application.
Dr. Senlai Zhu
Dr. Zhichao Cao
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Transportation is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- public transport
- optimization modeling
- solution algorithms
- demand management
- advanced technique