Special Issue "Human Machine Interfaces and Information Retrieval Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 July 2021.
Users are central to the design, evaluation, and use of information retrieval systems. And the methods by which they interact with information has changed at a rapid pace over the past few years. We invite submissions on user-centered approaches to information retrieval, access, and use, including studies of interactive retrieval systems, novel interaction paradigms, new evaluation methods, and related areas that highlight the interaction between information retrieval systems and human computer interaction.
We are particularly interested in articles that touch on the following areas:
- Information seeking, search and retrieval, including task-based and exploratory search
- Interaction techniques for information retrieval and discovery
- Online information-seeking behavior, including log analysis of search and browsing
- Modeling and simulation of information interaction
- Search user interfaces, including those for specialized tasks, populations and domains
- Information use, including measures of use and sense making
- Field and case studies relevant to information retrieval and access
- User-centered evaluation methods and measures, including measures of user experience and performance, experiment and search task design, eye-tracking and physiological approaches, data analysis methods, and usability
- Context-aware and personalized search, contextual features and analysis for information interaction
- Collaborative information seeking and social search, including social utility and network analysis for information interaction
- Information visualization and visual analytics, search result presentation
- User-centered work in other areas of information retrieval
Dr. Christopher G. Harris
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.