Foods 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Awards (500 CHF)
The journal Foods (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2304-8158, mdpi.com/journal/foods/) is inviting applications for the Foods 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to two Ph.D. students who are about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Foods Editorial Board.
a. The candidate must be a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses.
b. The PhD thesis must be original work.
c. The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 October 2020 and 31 December 2021.
d. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
– A letter from PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
– A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a Ph.D. student going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
Each of the winners will receive the following:
– Bonus (500 CHF);
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Foods with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 2023.
How to apply?
– Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 28 February 2022. The winner will be announced on the Foods website by the end of July 2022.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.