Special Issue "Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic Self-Consumption"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2021.
Interests: data science; energy; consumption; demand; smart meter; solar; photovoltaic; self-consumption; building; residential; domestic
It is my pleasure to extend an invitation to all colleagues who would like to submit their research papers to the Special Issue of Energies on “Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic Self-Consumption”.
As solar photovoltaics (PV) enters a “post-subsidy era” in a growing number of countries, solar self-consumption (rather than export to the grid) has risen in importance as a primary driver of adoption of PV and a significant factor in the adoption of related technologies, such as home battery systems, electric vehicles and peer-to-peer energy trading.
Nonetheless, despite considerable numbers of prosumer households worldwide, there is a remarkable lack of understanding about self-consumption and a general absence of good-quality data on which to base scientific research.
The aim of this Special Issue is to address this gap and present state-of-the-art research and analysis in the field of solar self-consumption. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Empirical analysis of solar self-consumption;
- Impacts of technologies on self-consumption such as batteries, home energy management systems, etc.;
- Demand scheduling and optimisation for improved self-consumption;
- Models to predict/estimate generation and self-consumption and their validation;
- Data collection solutions for embedded generation and self-consumption;
- Smart meters and self-consumption;
- Community energy self-consumption and peer-to-peer energy trading;
- Behavioural and social factors of self-consumption;
- Self-consumption and its influence on PV adoption;
- Self-consumption, self-sufficiency and grid-defection;
- Impact of self-consumption on power grids;
- Information feedback and self-consumption.
Dr. Eoghan McKenna
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- technology adoption
- smart meter
- community energy