30 September–4 October 2019 17th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium
Forte Village Resort, Santa Margherita di Pula (Cagliari) Italy
After celebrating our 30-year anniversary in 2017, the next edition of the Sardinia Symposium to be held in 2019 is looking better than ever with a success that makes the Sardinia Symposia the most important solid waste management conference in the world.
The seventeenth edition will take place at Forte Village Resort, Santa Margherita di Pula (Cagliari) Italy, from September 30th to October 4th, 2019, with an expected attendance of 800+ delegates.
In line with tradition, the conference will include parallel oral sessions, specialised workshops, discussion forums and roundtables, a continuously accessible poster area and a wide exhibition space for companies working in the field of Waste Management.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts must be submitted no later than February 15th, 2019 following the detailed instructions on:
Abstracts must clearly describe the content of presentations and their basis (detailed case study, discussion of experience from practice, preliminary research data, completed research not presented previously, review of literature, administrative initiatives and regulations, etc) and may be submitted for oral or poster presentation. Proposal for workshops are also welcome.
- Waste policy and legislation
- Waste management strategies
- Public concern and education
- Waste Management assessment and decision tools
- Waste characterization
- Waste collection
- Waste minimi-sation and recycling
- Biological treatment
- Thermal treatment
- Mechanical biological treatment prior to landfilling
- Sanitary landfilling
- Integrated wastewater and solid waste management
- Waste management and climate change
- Waste management in developing and low income countries
- Special sessions
- New topics: Waste Architecture
- Environmental Forensics
- Waste & Health