Special Issue "Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Perovskite Nanostructures"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 November 2019.
Complex metal oxide nanomaterials with perovskite structure in the form of ATiO3 (A = Ba, Sr, Ca, Pb, etc.) are important for a variety of applications in the microelectronics industry, and more recently in nanotechnology. As materials approach nano-scale dimensions, their intrinsic features become subordinated to surface properties, and their functionality extends to a variety of yet unexplored potentials for the production of multifunctional nano-devices with target geometry and controlled chemical and physical properties. Due to their interesting and unique properties, much attention is being given to integrating them in scalable circuit architectures, to work as sensors, actuators, transducers, or energy harvesters.
We invite researchers to submit manuscripts which discuss different synthesis techniques of perovskite nanomaterials, their in-depth characterization, and last but not least, their application possibilities.
Potential topics include a wide range of research in the field, such as:
- Synthesis of perovskite nanostructures using multiple synthesis techniques resulting in material with different morphologies (particles, rods, tubes, etc.) and properties;
- Morphology and microstructure characterization;
- Study and modeling of crystal growth;
- Property characterization (dielectric, piezoelectric, ferroelectric, semiconducting properties, etc.) and their relationships to external conditions, such as electric field, temperature, humidity, etc.;
- Integration of perovskite nanomaterials in scalable circuit architectures;
- Correlation of microstructure to the properties of the synthesized material;
- Applications of the perovskite materials and prototype demonstration.
Dr. Kristina Zagar Soderznik
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Crystals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Perovskite nanostructures
- Metal oxide nanostructures
- Synthesis techniques
- Electron microscopy
- Microstructure–properties relationship
- Electrical measurements
- Device integration
- Energy harvester
- Other applications