Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Recent Advances in Ruthenium-Catalyzed Processes"
A special issue of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2020.
Institute of Chemistry of Organometallic Compounds, National Research Council of Italy (ICCOM-CNR), Via Madonna del Piano 10, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (Florence), Italy
Tel. +39 055 5225251; Fax: +39 055 5225203
Interests: organometallics and catalysis in water and biphasic systems; CO2 activation and utilization processes; hydrogen activation, production and storage by organometallics; homogeneous catalysis; catalytic mechanisms
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Institute for the Chemistry of Organometallic Compounds (ICCOM), National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Via Madonna del Piano 10, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI), Italy
Interests: water-soluble ligands; cage-like aminophosphines; organometallic compounds; ruthenium complexes; homogeneous and aqueous phase catalysis
In spite of the recent trend aimed at replacing precious metals with earth-abundant counterparts, ruthenium is still considered a highly desired transition metal in homogeneous catalysis, as it can be applied in a broad range of crucial substrate conversions that are useful both in academia and in industry, such as bond-forming and bond-breaking reactions, small molecules activation, polymer synthesis, etc. In the last decade, many research groups worldwide have contributed to the scientific literature in the area of ruthenium-catalyzed homogeneous reactions, demonstrating that the state-of-the-art for some important chemical transformations can be improved by a tailored choice of ligands, additives, and tuning of the reaction conditions.
This Special Issue will collect recent advances in Ru-based homogeneous catalyst syntheses, applications, and mechanistic studies related but not limited to the following processes:
- C-C bond forming reactions, such as olefin metathesis and cross-metathesis; ring-opening and ring-closing reactions; annulation and cyclization reactions, etc.;
- Atom-transfer radical polymerizations;
- Addition reactions via vinylidene or allenylidene complexes;
- C-H bond activation;
- C-Element (C, N, O) unsaturated bond hydrogenation, including (asymmetric) transfer hydrogenation reactions;
- Dehydrogenation/hydrogenation reactions, including “borrowing hydrogen” examples;
- Isomerization reactions, especially olefin and allylic alcohols isomerizations;
- Hydroamination and tandem hydroaminomethylation reactions;
- Organonitrile hydration reactions;
- Olefin and alkyne carbonylation reactions;
- Oxidation reactions by high-valent ruthenium catalysts;
- Small molecules activation, i.e., hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide activation;
- Study of Ru-catalyzed reaction mechanisms by experimental and theoretical methods.
We look forward to receiving your expert contributions to this Special Issue of Catalysts.
Dr. Luca Gonsalvi
Dr. Antonella Guerriero
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Catalysts is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Homogeneous catalysis
- C-C bond formation
- Olefin metathesis and cross-metathesis
- C-H bond activation
- Hydrogen activation
- Oxygen activation
- CO2 activation
- CO activation
- Hydrogenation of C=C and C=X (X = N,O) unsaturated bonds
- Transfer hydrogenation, including asymmetric version
- Olefin isomerization
- Allylic alcohol isomerization
- Nitrile hydration
- Olefin carbonylation
- Alkyne carbonylation
- Oxidations by Ru molecular catalysts
- Small molecules activation
- Ru-based reaction mechanisms by DFT calculations
- Ru-based reaction mechanisms by spectroscopic techniques
- Ru-based reaction kinetics