A section of Brain Sciences (ISSN 2076-3425).
The aim of this section is to publish cutting-edge research in the highly interdisciplinary area of Neural Engineering. The scope is very broad: from advances in materials, techniques, and technologies for interfacing neurons with artificial devices; to discoveries in brain research and foundations for future neuroprostethics, interfaces, and cognitive augmentation; and from neural modelling to nanotechnologies. We therefore invite original contributions on a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to) brain-machine interfaces, neuregonomics, neural interfaces, nanotechnology, circuits and materials, neural prostheses, neurorehabilitation, neural decoding and encoding algorithms, neural computation and modeling, neural imaging, and neuroethics.
- brain-machine and brain-computer interfaces
- central and peripheral neural interfaces
- neural decoding and encoding algorithms
- neural computation and modeling
- neurtechnologies for cognitive augmentaion
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Handling Uncertainty in EEG Signal Pattern Recognition (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- The Estimation of Cortical Connectivity: New Methodologies and Applications (Deadline: 10 July 2020)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): Applications in Clinical and Basic Neuroscience (Deadline: 1 February 2021)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: