Travel Award 2018
The journal Biomimetics (ISSN 2313-7673) isissuing a call for applications for a Travel Award that offers financial support to travel to a scientific conference related to the field of Biomimetics.
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Trainee/Research Associate at an academic institution or non-profit, scientific research institute
- Applicant may conduct research in the fields of material science, mechanical engineering, nanotechnology or biomedicine with a focus on the design and application of principles from nature aimed at developing novel solutions that enable sustainable innovation
- Conference must be relevant to biomimicry and bionics, and must be held between March 1 and November 30, 2018
Applications must include the following information:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé/biographical sketch including full name, academic degree, title and affiliation
- Conference name, date and location
- Type of presentation (oral or poster)
- Impact that attending this conference will have on the applicant’s career
- Travel and registration costs, and expenses that will not be reimbursed by any other party
- Letter of support from the project Principal Investigator
- The awardee must provide proof of attendance to the conference
- The awardee must recognize Biomimetics on the poster or slide presentation
The award will consist of 500 Swiss Francs (CHF), and may be used to cover expenses for registration fees, travel, or accommodation. The awardee will be notified by February 21, 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Josep Samitier.