Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
4–6 March 2020, Refoios do Lima, Ponte de Lima, Portugal
The organizing committee of the II Iberian Symposium on Horticultural Engineering (SIbEH2020), in this edition with the theme of Agriculture 4.0, invites you to participate in this event that will take place from 04 to 06 March in Refoios do Lima, Ponte de Lima (Portugal). The organizers of the event are the Portuguese Horticultural Association (APH) and the Sociedad Española de Ciencias Horticultura (SECH), with the Higher Agricultural School of the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo (ESA-IPVC) as the local organizer.
Nowadays the agricultural sector is facing a transformation in the way of production, based on the use of new tools, such as the use of sensors and the acquisition and processing of data. This II edition of the symposium proposes the following themes:
- Precision agriculture;
- Automation and robotization;
- Sensors and artificial vision;
- Decision support systems;
- Modeling and simulation;
- APP and web application development;
- Geographic Information Systems;
- ICT in the teaching of agronomy.
The themes should be developed in the following areas:
- Water resources management;
- Protected crops and extensive crops;
- Energy management;
- Mechanization and rural constructions;
- Animal production;
- Agrarian systems.