Cell biology at the plant–microbe interface
2015-11-29 to 2015-12-01
The symposium will focus on advances in understanding the molecular interactions that occur between a microbe and its host at a cellular and subcellular level, such as:
- how root and leaf cells accommodate microbial structures through biogenesis of specialized plant derived membranes,
- microbial invasion and spreading strategies (via stomata, roots, vasculature, plasmodesmata),
- the dynamic localization of cell surface and cytosolic receptors recognizing microbial signals
- the reprogramming of host membrane trafficking (focal accumulation, secretion),
- the delivery of microbial molecules from fungal and oomycete species into plant cells.