9–11 December 2020, Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
8th Asia-Pacific Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring 2020 (APWSHM 2020)
This is the eighth in a series of biennial Asia-Pacific workshops that focus on the field of Structural Health Monitoring. This is a particularly promising area that has attracted significant attention in recent years for its wide potential applications, particularly for civil infrastructures, and maritime and aircraft structures. The purpose of the workshop is to allow a forum where key and emerging technical issues that are critical and unique in structural health monitoring can be discussed and identified, as well as allow current state of-the-art technologies and R&D activities in the field to be presented. The workshop is also intended to promote exchanges and cross-fertilisation among many disciplines.
The workshop shall focus on, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Sensor and actuator development
- Reliability of structural health monitoring methodologies
- Bio-inspired sensors and systems
- Damage identification and properties/integrity characterisation and assessment
- Intelligent processing of materials and structures
- System integration
- Applications (particularly in the field of aircraft, automotive, rail and maritime structures, civil and petroleum infrastructures etc)
This workshop is recommended to researchers and academics with interests in structural health monitoring and associated research. From past workshops, industrial practitioners in closely related fields have gained from attending these workshops.