Help Desk Assistant (IT support)
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. The company was founded initially to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples in 1996. To promote the samples collection, MDPI started the free electronic journal Molecules that same year.
Our 211 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
Job summary and responsibilities
For our office in Cluj, we are looking for a Help Desk Assistant who will support the office employees with a diverse range of IT-related tasks.
- Daily IT support tasks
- Serving as the first point of contact for the employees seeking for technical assistance
- Communicating proactively with the IT support team and management regarding the daily tasks and responsibilities
- Provisioning, managing and upgrading company equipment
- General fixing, troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading company’s hardware
- Identifying software related problems
- Installing and reinstalling of OS and all the other required programs
- Initial setup configuration of settings, macros and shortcuts for the employees required software
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Mounting of the network cables, basic troubleshooting and changes on company’s IT network
- High-school diploma or Bachelor’s degree in studies related to IT (basic knowledge)
- Basic knowledge of IT Networking
- General knowledge of Windows OS
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Strong English skills
- Attention to detail
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits
- An international work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
Questions and application
Please send your CV by e-mail to: [email protected]
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.