Assistant Editor Bucharest
MDPI (www.mdpi.com) is an academic open access publisher based in Basel, Switzerland, founded initially to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples in 1996. To promote the sample collection, MDPI started free electronic journal Molecules that same year.
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,000 academic editors, and editorial offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain), Belgrade (Serbia), Manchester (UK), and newly established offices in Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Bangkok (Thailand) and Tokyo (Japan). We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines.
We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
In 2019 we opened an office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and are now looking to expand to Bucharest as well. We are looking for young graduates willing to stay connected to scientific research by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results. This is also a great opportunity to start a first job in a dynamic multinational company which offers interesting career development options to talented, enthusiastic and hard-working people.
As a successful candidate, you will receive full training in editorial work, working closely with Managing Editors and learning how to process research articles from submission to publication. Training supervised by an assigned tutor will take place on the job during the first six months. Depending on your background, you will be assigned to work on journals related to your field of study or research. No previous editorial experience is required, however a familiarity with the academic editorial process is an advantage. Once you have successfully completed your six-month traineeship you will be appointed as Assistant Editor in Bucharest.
As an Assistant Editor you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
- Organize peer review for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
- Ensure that scholarly articles are accurately edited and published according to tight deadlines with a high degree of consistency
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree
- Knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Experience with scholarly publishing would be beneficial
- Romanian citizenship
What we offer:
- Professional and personal development
- International work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flat organizational structures
- Trips to the other MDPI offices
- Attending Scientific Conferences
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity
Questions and Application
Feel free to send your CV by e-mail to [email protected].
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.