Assistant Editor Barcelona
You would start out as an Editorial Trainee working in close collaboration with our Managing Editors learning how to process papers properly from submission to publication. Once you have successfully completed your traineeship you will be appointed as an Assistant Editor position. You should share our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing. Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to an according field. We are looking for young Editors educated in different majors such as: Life Science, Medical Science, Clinical Science, Environmental science, Public Health, Ecology, Water resources, Marine Science, Hydrology, Material Engineering, Geographic Information System, Remote Sensing, Physics, Energy, Nanotechnology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry and similar.
Execute editorial work for journals in your domain of expertise, including organizing the review process for manuscripts, overseeing editorial decisions and handling the communication between the parties involved in the publication process.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken language.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail.
- Experience with scholarly publishing beneficial.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to develop a professional career within an international company leader in its field.
- International friendly working atmosphere.
- Attending scientific conferences.
- Team building activities and on-going training.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Central location in Barcelona.
Questions And Application
Please send your application letter and CV in English to [email protected].
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.