PHP Web Developer
You will be part of an international, young and dynamic team of software developers and be working on exciting projects to foster open access, open data, and open communication amongst scholars, and the linked sciences. You will partly perform maintenance of the existing code base as well. We currently mainly work with the Symfony2 framework on a LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP), but additionally use a wide variety of other tools such as MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, or jQuery.
- Strong flair for technology and interest in the latest developments in IT
- Willingness to perform above average
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to details
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2+ years of work experience in the area of web and/or mobile development
- Experience with managing Linux/UNIX systems required
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Zend …) is a plus
- Experience with Mobile App development (Android / iOS) is a plus
- Interests in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) is a plus
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. bootstrap) is a plus
Questions and Applications
Please send your application letter and CV by E-Mail to our HR Team.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.