- To develop a survey tool that fits the Danish system and apply it in Kolding Municipality.
- To identify who is providing core service delivery EPHOs at the municipal level in Denmark.
Sample Selection and Data Collection
- Preliminary exploration of the data by reading through the transcript and writing memos;
- Sorting the data based on the EPHOs (3, 4 and 5) and their sub-operations .
3.1. EPHO 3
3.1.1. Environmental Health Protection
3.1.2. Occupational Health Protection
3.2. EPHO 4
3.2.1. Intersectoral and Interdisciplinary Capacity
3.2.2. Health Promotion: Behavioral and Social Risk Factors
3.3. EPHO 5
3.3.1. Primary Prevention
3.3.2. Secondary Prevention
3.3.3. Tertiary/Quaternary Prevention
Conflicts of Interest
- Otok, R. Strengthening governance, management and sustainable development of ASPHER. In 50 Years of Professional Public Health Workforce Development; ASPHER: Brussels, Belgium, 2016. [Google Scholar]
- Lozano, R.; Naghavi, M.; Foreman, K.; Lim, S.; Shibuya, K.; Aboyans, V.; Abraham, J.; Adair, T.; Aggarwal, R.; Ahn, S.Y.; et al. Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012, 380, 2095–2128. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Marengoni, A.; Angleman, S.; Melis, R.; Mangialasche, F.; Karp, A.; Garmen, A.; Meinow, B.; Fratiglioni, L. Aging with multimorbidity: A systematic review of the literature. Ageing Res. Rev. 2011, 10, 430–439. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- MacKenbach, J.P. The persistence of health inequalities in modern welfare states: The explanation of a paradox. Soc. Sci. Med. 2012, 75, 761–769. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- World Health Organization. Health 2020. In A European Policy Framework and Strategy for the 21st Century; WHO Regional Office for Europe: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2013; Available online: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/199532/Health2020-Long.pdf?ua=1 (accessed on 28 April 2018).
- World Health Organization. The European Action Plan for Strengthening Public Health Capacities and Services; WHO Regional Office for Europe: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2012; Available online: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/171770/RC62wd12rev1-Eng.pdf (accessed on 28 April 2018).
- Handler, A.; Issel, M.; Turnock, B. A conceptual framework to measure performance of the public health system. Am. J. Public Health 2001, 91, 1235–1239. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Martin-Moreno, J.M. Self-Assessment Tool for the Evaluation of Essential Public Health Operations in the WHO European Region; WHO Regional Office for Europe: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2015; Available online: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/281700/Self-assessment-tool-evaluation essential-public-health-operations.pdf (accessed on 28 April 2018).
- World Health Organization. Midterm Progress Report on Implementation of the European Action Plan for Strengthening Public Health Capacities and Services; WHO Regional Office for Europe: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2016; Available online: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/315863/66wd19e_PublicHealthProgressReport_160568.pdf?ua=1 (accessed on 28 April 2018).
- Aluttis, C.A.; Chiotan, C.; Michelsen, M.; Costongs, C.; Brand, H. Review of Public Health Capacity in the EU; European Commission Directorate General for Health and Consumers: Luxembourg, 2013; Available online: https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/social_determinants/docs/report_ph_capacity_2013_en.pdf (accessed on 28 April 2018).
- Allin, S.; Mossialos, E.; McKee, M.; Holland, W.W. Organization WH. In Making Decisions on Public Health: A Review of Eight Countries; European Observatory and Health Systems and Policies: Brussels, Belgium, 2004. [Google Scholar]
- Rechel, B.; McKee, M. Facets of Public Health in Europe; McGraw-Hill Education: London, UK, 2014. [Google Scholar]
- The Danish Health Act 2005 [Statute on the Internet]. Available online: https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=199871#ide3d8c9ee-9f62-4b79-9cea-c2cbe87b7ad9 (accessed on 2 November 2018).
- Healthcare in Denmark-An Overview 2017. Available online: https://www.sum.dk/English/~/media/Filer%20-%20Publikationer_i_pdf/2016/Healthcare-in-dk-16-dec/Healthcare-english-V16-dec.ashx (accessed on 4 August 2020).
- Mays, G.P. National Longitudinal Survey of Public Health Systems Instrument. 2012. Available online: http://works.bepress.com/glen_mays/38/ (accessed on 10 January 2017).
- Creswell, J.W.; Clark, V.L.P. Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research; SAGE Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA, USA, 2007. [Google Scholar]
- Bertoncello, C.; Buja, A.; Silenzi, A.; Specchia, M.L.; Franchino, G.; Lazzari, A.; Baldo, V.; Ricciardi, W.; Damiani, G. Good governance competencies in public health to train public health physicians. Int. J. Public Health 2015, 60, 737–749. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
© 2020 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).