Special Issue "Wastewater Treatment and Reuse"
A special issue of Water (ISSN 2073-4441).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 October 2014)
Dr. Andreas N. Angelakis
1 National Foundation for Agricultural Research (N.AG.RE.F.), Institute of Iraklio, 71110 Iraklio, Greece
2 Hellenic Union of Municipal Enterprises for Water Supply and Sewerage (EDEYA), 41222 Larissa, Greece
Website | E-Mail
Fax: +30 2810245873
Interests: Water resources; Environmental engineering; Wastewater treatment; Aquatic wastewater management systems; Water and wastewater management for small and decentralized systems; Water and wastewater quality; Treated wastewater renovation and reuse; and Water and wastewater technologies in ancient civilizations
Our goal is to plan a special issue on “Wastewater Management” to be published in the “Water” Journal. The manuscripts selected for publication will demonstrate state of art wastewater treatment technologies, including various aspects related to wastewater management, treatment technologies, water reuse, biosolids production and management, water quality, regulations, economics, public acceptance, risk assessment, benefits, keys for success and main constraints. In addition, papers will cover different types of water reuse, e.g. agricultural irrigation, landscape irrigation and other urban and industrial uses, environmental enhancement, groundwater recharge, as well as indirect and direct potable reuse. Also, papers will cover different technologies for sewage biosolids production and uses, e.g. problems and concerns related to contaminants in biosolids, land application, composting, energy value, physico-chemical value, and others. Within this context, we would like to invite you to contribute to this issue and to disseminate and share findings on water recycling and reuse themes.
The main themes include, but are not limited to:
- Wastewater treatment technologies.
- Urban stormwater management.
- On-site and decentralized wastewater treatment systems.
- Removal of trace organics and emerging contaminants.
- Membrane and disinfection technologies.
- Effluent disposal to waterways.
- Potential effluent uses (e.g. irrigation, industry, recreation, groundwater recharge, (in)direct potable, and others).
- Water reuse planning, policy, monitoring requirements, and standards/criteria.
- The role of water reuse for integrated water resources management.
- Wastewater treatment and reuse in future cities.
- Sewage biosolids management (e.g. land application, composting, energy value, and others).
- Economic and social aspects of production and use of recycled water.
- Health and ecological risk analysis in water recycling applications.
- Historical development of wastewater treatment and reuse.
- Other related research issues.
Dr. Andreas N. Angelakis
Prof. Dr. Shane A. Snyder
Dr. Irene G. Xagoraraki
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.