Special Issue "Wastewater Treatment and Reuse"
A special issue of Water (ISSN 2073-4441).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 October 2014)
Dr. Andreas N. Angelakis (Website)
1 National Foundation for Agricultural Research (N.AG.RE.F.), Institute of Iraklio, 71110 Iraklio, Greece
2 Hellenic Union of Municipal Enterprises for Water Supply and Sewerage (EDEYA), 41222 Larissa, Greece
Fax: +30 2810245873
Interests: Water resources; Environmental engineering; Wastewater treatment; Aquatic wastewater management systems; Water and wastewater management for small and decentralized systems; Water and wastewater quality; Treated wastewater renovation and reuse; and Water and wastewater technologies in ancient civilizations
Prof. Dr. Shane A. Snyder (Website)
Department of Chemical & Environmental Engineering, University of Arizona, 1133 E. James E. Rogers Way, Tucson, AZ 85721-0011, USA
Dr. Irene G. Xagoraraki (Website)
Civil and Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University, A124 Engineering Research Complex, East Lansing MI 48824, USA
Fax: +517 355 0250
Our goal is to plan a special issue on “Wastewater Management” to be published in the “Water” Journal. The manuscripts selected for publication will demonstrate state of art wastewater treatment technologies, including various aspects related to wastewater management, treatment technologies, water reuse, biosolids production and management, water quality, regulations, economics, public acceptance, risk assessment, benefits, keys for success and main constraints. In addition, papers will cover different types of water reuse, e.g. agricultural irrigation, landscape irrigation and other urban and industrial uses, environmental enhancement, groundwater recharge, as well as indirect and direct potable reuse. Also, papers will cover different technologies for sewage biosolids production and uses, e.g. problems and concerns related to contaminants in biosolids, land application, composting, energy value, physico-chemical value, and others. Within this context, we would like to invite you to contribute to this issue and to disseminate and share findings on water recycling and reuse themes.
The main themes include, but are not limited to:
- Wastewater treatment technologies.
- Urban stormwater management.
- On-site and decentralized wastewater treatment systems.
- Removal of trace organics and emerging contaminants.
- Membrane and disinfection technologies.
- Effluent disposal to waterways.
- Potential effluent uses (e.g. irrigation, industry, recreation, groundwater recharge, (in)direct potable, and others).
- Water reuse planning, policy, monitoring requirements, and standards/criteria.
- The role of water reuse for integrated water resources management.
- Wastewater treatment and reuse in future cities.
- Sewage biosolids management (e.g. land application, composting, energy value, and others).
- Economic and social aspects of production and use of recycled water.
- Health and ecological risk analysis in water recycling applications.
- Historical development of wastewater treatment and reuse.
- Other related research issues.
Dr. Andreas N. Angelakis
Prof. Dr. Shane A. Snyder
Dr. Irene G. Xagoraraki
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed Open Access monthly journal published by MDPI.