A section of Toxins (ISSN 2072-6651).
The “Mycotoxins” section of Toxins is designated to the submission of high quality manuscripts that report new investigations into all aspects of research on mycotoxins, including but not limited to: mechanisms of action; mycotoxin transport; mycotoxin detection strategies; structure–activity relationships; binding agents and deactivators of mycotoxins; mycotoxin biosynthesis; mycotoxin evolution and classification; and clinical effects and case reports. The editors will also consider reviews that summarize current thinking or present controversial viewpoints to stimulate further discussion. Short communications that report important self-contained observations are also welcome.
Aflatoxins; Alternaria; animal modelling; antibodies; apoptosis; aptamers; Aspergillus; biochemistry; bioinformatics; biosynthesis; carcinogen; classification; citrinin; clinical studies; contamination, comet assay; coumarins; crops; cytotoxicity; detection methods; diagnostic methods; DNA adducts; DNA binding; DNA cleavage; DNA damage; environmental contaminants; ergot alkaloids; exposure; fungi; fusarium; gene expression profiling; hepatotoxins; humidity; immunotoxins, intracellular transport; in vitro diagnostics; lactone; maize; mass spectrometry; mechanism of action; metabolism; molecular modelling; mutagenicity; mycoses; mycotoxicoses; natural products; necrosis; nephrotoxicity; neurotoxins; NMR; patulin, pathology; PCR; peanuts; peptides; Penicillum; pharmacology; pharmacokinetics; physiology; polyketides; protein; proteomics; purification; ochratoxins, oxidative stress; regulations; receptor interaction; spores; therapeutic intervention; therapeutic molecules; teratogens; toxin; trichothecenes; wheat; X-ray crystallography; zearalenone
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- 1st International MYCOKEY Conference: Advances on Mycotoxin Reduction in the Food and Feed Chain (Deadline: 15 December 2017)
- Effects of Mycotoxins on the Intestine (Deadline: 28 February 2018)
- Functional Genomics of Toxigenic Fungi and Regulatory Mechanism in the Biosynthesis of Mycotoxins (Deadline: 31 January 2018)
- Impact of Human Metabolism on the Toxicological Effects of Mycotoxins (Deadline: 31 October 2017)
- Metabolomics in Mycotoxin Research (Deadline: 28 February 2018)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Biorecognition Assays for Mycotoxins
- Evolutionary/Phylogenetic Studies of Mycotoxin Biosynthetic Pathways
- Fusarium Toxins – Relevance for Human and Animal Health
- Understanding Mycotoxin Occurrence in Food and Feed Chains