A section of Toxins (ISSN 2072-6651).
The Animal Venoms section of the Toxins journal invites the submission of high quality manuscripts that report new investigations into all aspects of venom research, including but not limited to, venom evolution, clinical effects and case reports, bio-discovery (including applications of venom toxins as therapeutic lead compounds), and the implications of changes in venomous animal taxonomy. The editors will also consider reviews that summarize current thinking or which present controversial viewpoints for further discussion. Short communications that report important self-contained observations are also welcome.
1D gel; 2D DIGE; 2D gel; antivenom; antivenomics; bioactivity; biochemistry; bioinformatics; clinical laboratory; clinical trials; diagnostic methods; evolution; expression; gene expression profiling; in vitro diagnostics; iTRAQ; molecule; next-generation sequencing; NMR; optimisation of drug therapy; PCR; peptide; pharmacology; phylogeny; physiology; protein; proteome; proteomics; purification; qPCR; RT-qPCR; taxonomy; therapeutic molecules; toxin; toxinology; transcriptome; transcriptomics; tropical disease; venom; X-ray crystallography
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Animal Toxins and Biological Ion Channels (Deadline: 1 December 2015)
- Arthropod Venoms (Deadline: 15 November 2015)
- Bee and Wasp Venoms: Biological Characteristics and Therapeutic Application (Deadline: 1 August 2015)
- Snake Venom Metalloproteinases (Deadline: 15 December 2015)
- Venomics, Venom Proteomics and Venom Transcriptomics (Deadline: 31 December 2015)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions:
Last update: 16 October 2013