Special Issue "Power System and Sustainability"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2018
Decarbonization, energy efficiency improvements, and grid integration of distributed generation and storage systems are topical issues for power system research in the new century.
Power systems are required to become more and more smart, green, and sustainable, managed by intelligent devices, allowing also the participation of end-users in the energy share.
New regulations and support policies are driving the development of new strategies and devices for making this epochal transformation real.
In this context, we encourage all researchers from relevant domains to submit papers to this Special Issue on “Power Systems and Sustainability”. Contributions on the following themes, but not limited to them, are welcomed:
- Insular Power Systems: Design, operations, planning, economics, efficiency improvement;
- Rural Power Systems: Design, operations, planning, economics, efficiency improvement;
- Life Cycle Assessment of new high efficiency devices and components for power grids;
- Impact of BAC and TBM systems on near zero energy buildings
- Impact of battery storage systems on the generation and distribution efficiency of a microgrid
- ICT for smart grids
- Demand Side Management and Demand Response
- Multi carrier hubs
- Environmental impact of modern power systems
- Energy storage for mitigating the variability of renewable electricity sources
- Electricity from renewable sources
- Electrical wastes treatment
- Support policies for battery storage systems
Dr. Gaetano Zizzo
Prof. Salvatore Favuzza
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Insular Power Systems
- Rural Power Systems
- Smart Grids Smart Cities
- Renewable Energy
- Electric Energy Storage Systems
- ICT for Smart Grids
- Waste treatment
- Support Policies
- BAC and TBM systems