Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Aims and Scope:
Surfaces is a peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on fundamental aspects of chemistry and physics occurring at surfaces, interfaces and thin films; it aims to achieve a better understanding of surfaces and interfaces as well as their applications. Contributions range from phenomena at interfaces and surface reactivity to interactions at surfaces. Surfaces publishes original research papers, reviews and communications on experimental and theoretical research in chemistry, physics, biology, materials and engineering of surfaces. The scope of Surfaces covers, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Synthesis, characterization, measurements and modification of surfaces and interfaces
- Experimental, theoretical, computational work of surfaces and interfaces
- Behavior of surfaces and interfaces
- Engineering of surfaces and interfaces
- Nanoscale science and engineering of surface chemistry
- Surface performance
- Surface functionalization applied in environmental, food, energy and medical applications
- Surface reactivity applied to heterogeneous catalysis, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, electrified interfaces, semiconductors, surface devices and self-assembled layers
- Biointerfaces, and interfacial phenomena of biological origin
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Surfaces is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Surfaces will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th. 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Tel. +86 27 87612588; Fax: +86 27 87612588
For further MDPI contacts, see here.