Special Issue "The Architectures, Systems, and Applications of Internet of Things for Smart Cities"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 October 2017
Prof. Dr. Yuh-Shyan Chen
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taipei University, No. 151, University Rd., San Shia District, New Taipei City, 23741 Taiwan
Website | E-Mail
Interests: wireless sensor networks; fog computing for sensors; software-defined sensors; sensors with 5G; internet of things
Smart cities are regarded as systems to promote people’s quality of life by using advanced information and communication technology (ICT) and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to improve the efficiency of services and meet residents' needs in urban environments. IoT can be used to enhance quality, efficiency, and interactivity of urban services, as well as to reduce resource consumption and cost. Nowadays, telecommunication companies, IoT companies, research institutions, and universities are to deploy IoT systems across all dimensions of urban services such as smart grid, smart buildings, smart utility, healthcare, environmental monitoring, smart transportation, smart industries, etc. IoT plays an important role in developing advanced techniques and implementing intelligent systems for smart cities.
This Special Issue aims to address the architectures, systems, and applications of IoT for smart cities. It solicits the state-of-the-art theoretical, as well as practical works on a broad range of issues important on IoT for smart cities for researches, developers, and practitioners from both academia and industry.
Topics of primary interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architecture design of IoT for smart cites
- System design of IoT for smart cites
- Applications of IoT for smart cites
- Sensing technologies in IoT for smart cities
- Embedded systems, computing, and networking technology in IoT for smart cities
- Artificial intelligence, advanced human to machine interaction, machine to machine technologies in smart cites
- Citizen-centric IoT for smart cities
- Data collection, fusion and processing technology, and monitoring system design in smart cities
- Information and communication techniques of IoT for smart cities
- Smart grid for smart cities
- Smart transportation and vehicles for smart cities
- Intelligent control, signal processing technology in IoT for smart cities
- Energy management and energy efficiency for IoT in smart cities
- Information security technology and privacy in IoT for smart cities
- Reliability, self-organization, self-healing, hybrid communication network in IoT for smart cities
- Wireless rechargeable sensor networks and wireless energy transfer for smart cities
- Fog computing for smart cities
- Big data analysis and cloud computing of IoT for smart cities
- IoT testbed and experiment experiences in smart cities
Prof. Dr. Yuh-Shyan Chen
Prof. Dr. Chih-Yung Chang
Prof. Dr. Tzung-Shi Chen
Prof. Dr. Victor C.M. Leung
Prof. Dr. Sherali Zeadally
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Architecture of IoT
- System of IoT
- Applications of IoT
- Wireless sensor networks
- Wireless rechargeable sensor networks