Special Issue "Recent Advances in Sensor Technologies and Applications in the Web of Things (WoT)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2016)
Recent times have witnessed an exploration of the development of sensors. They are used to measure the environment, brain activities, people’s emotions, their movements, their interactions with others, and their biometric changes under different conditions, and so on. Although there have been many advances, there is still much to be achieved. On the other hand, connecting embedded devices with sensors coupled with software and middleware that conform to existing web standards is the central idea for the Web of Things (WoT). The WoT is indeed a natural evolution, and IoT/IoE is used to connect physical devices (Things) to the real world through the World Wide Web.
This Special Issue invites original contributions on new methods and approaches to develop the next general of sensors, from both a hardware and software perspective. In addition, we also seek contributions in the novel uses of new sensing technologies, such as body-worn devices (those attached to people’s clothing), smart tracking devices,the latest trends/work of sensors for WoT, and to highlight the enormous intellectual and commercial potentials for this space to general audiences and the scientific community at large.
Prof. Dr. Massimo Poncino
Prof. Dr. Ka Lok Man
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Low Power Design, Simulation and Test of Digital, Analog, Mixed Mode and RF Circuits and Systems
- Low Power Processor Design and Embedded Systems
- VLSI, ASIC, FPGA, SoC and MPSoC
- Computer Aided Design and Electronic Design Automation for Low Power Design
- Circuits and Systems for Low Power Communications
- Nonlinear Circuits and Systems for Low Power Applications
- Control Theory Topics in Circuits and Systems
- Signal Processing
- Low Power Circuits and Systems for Biomedical Applications
- Energy Harvesting for Energy Constrained Applications
- Circuits and Systems for Cryptography
- Circuit/Device Modeling and Simulation
- Battery Management Systems
- Photovoltaic System Design
- Intelligent systems
- Real-Time, Hybrid, Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Self-Correcting/Self-Healing Circuits and Systems
- Information Visualization Systems
- Big Data and Sensing Systems
- Ubiquitous and Pervasive Systems
- IoE/IoT and WoT
- New sensing technologies (e.g., body-worn devices and smart tracking devices)