Special Issue "Select papers from UCAmI & IWAAL 2012 - the 6th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence & 4th International Workshop on Ambient Assisted Living (UCAmI & IWAAL 2012)"
A special issue of Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 March 2013)
Dr. Ramón Hervás (Website)
MAml Research Lab, Castilla La-Mancha University, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Interests: ambient intelligence; ubiquitous computing; context-awareness; information visualization; knowledge management; natural interaction
Dr. Vladimir Villarreal (Website)
Technological University of Panamá, Panamá, Republic of Panama
Interests: ambient assisted living; software architecture development; homecare; mobile patterns; medical ontologies design
The 6th International Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence & 4th International Workshop on Ambient Assisted Living (UCAmI & IWAAL 2012) will be held on 3-5 December 2012, in Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain).
Traditionally, the science and technology of sensors and biosensors has a remarkable influence on UCAmI & IWAAL conferences. Thus, both academia and industry are invited to submit papers about any of following topics of interest:
- [SEN] Analytical methods, modelling, and software for sensors on Intelligent Environments.
- [ECO] Use of sensors for environmental monitoring. Smart Control for eco-friendly devices and building. Green Computing.
- [HCI] Human-Centric Interfaces for AmI environments (multi-modal, touch computing, NFC, 2D codes). Smart-objects-based interaction, persuasive computing and tangible interactions. Virtual and Augmented Reality.
- [DIS] Ubiquitous and ambient displays environments, wall displays, urban displays, multi-screen Environments. Information Visualization.
- [NET] Smart sensors. Mobile Ad-hoc networks and wireless sensor networks (WSNs). Middleware.
- [ROB] Assistive & Social robotics.
- [SEM] Identification and sensing for Context-awareness. Internet of things. Knowledge Representation and Management
- [MON] Monitoring, Activity recognition and vital signs monitoring.
- [AAL] Sensing for Ambient Assisted Living
Dr. Ramón Hervás
Dr. Vladimir Villarreal
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed Open Access monthly journal published by MDPI.