Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for postdoctoral students and PhD students to support participation at an international conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the
Editor-in-Chief of Risks,
Prof. Dr. Mogens Steffensen.
- This award is open to postdoctoral students and PhD students involved in research on insurance and financial risk management. There is no age limit, but post-docs is defined as within three years of being awarded a PhD.
- Will participate in an international conference in 2018 (oral or poster presentations).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Outline of current and future work, including an explanation of how the applicant will benefit from presenting their work at the conference (500 words).
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- The details of the planned conference (which conference, where, when, etc.)
- The submitted abstract.
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor or PI, with a statement confirming the student or post-doc’s eligibility.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 28 February 2018. The winners will be announced by 31 March 2018.
Travel Award 2017
I am pleased to announce the winner of the inaugural Risks Travel Award, given to one outstanding post-doctoral researcher. We have selected Dr. Héloïse Labit Hardy from UNSW Australia as this year’s recipient.
Dr. Hardy works on longevity insurance and mortality modeling, more specifically on mortality heterogeneity, cause-of-death mortality and population models. She will present her research at the 31st International Congress of Actuaries in 2018 in Berlin.
Congratulations to Dr. Hardy and thanks to all who applied.