Photonics (ISSN 2304-6732) aims at a fast turn around time for peer-reviewing manuscripts and producing accepted articles. The online-only and open access nature of the journal will allow for a speedy and wide circulation of your research as well as review articles. We aim at establishing Photonics as a leading venue for publishing high impact fundamental research but also applications of optics and photonics. The journal particularly welcomes both theoretical (simulation) and experimental research. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material.
- Biophotonics, biomedical optics, and medical optics
- Semiconductor photonics and optoelectronics
- Nanotechnology and nanostructures in optics
- Quantum optics, quantum computing, and applications
- Photonic materials and technology
- Metamaterials, plasmonics, and nanophotonics
- Integrated Optoelectronics and Integrated Optics
- Photonics Device and Technologies
- Optical communications and systems
- Nonlinear and ultrafast optics
- Imaging systems and holography
- Computational photonics and nanostructures
- Photonics for Energy and Green Technologies
- Fundamental & applications of photonics / optics
- Photon-electron-phonon interaction in nanostructures
- Physics and simulation: material properties, device technologies, and integrated systems
Manuscripts Considered in Photonics
- Regular research papers
- Tutorial and review papers
- Letters and communications
- Scientific papers with a high degree of novelty
- Theoretical / computational & experimental papers
- Basic science, applied science, technology, engineering, and applications
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Photonics is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Photonics will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.