Special Issue "Polymer MEMS"
A special issue of Micromachines (ISSN 2072-666X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 December 2011)
Dear Colleagues,Polymer MEMS is a fast-expanding field with wide-ranging applications, from lab-on-a-chip systems to new actuators to flexible devices. Polymer MEMS have generated excitement because they offer novel and improved functionality, as well as lower cost. This special issue seeks to capture recent developments as well as shape future directions. Our goals are to showcase interesting, high-quality research, to encourage and enable wider use of polymeric materials by the microsystems community, to advance understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the field, and to inspire new approaches and ideas.
In view of the recent advances in this exciting field, Micromachines will publish a special issue dedicated to polymer MEMS. We invite papers in all areas of polymer MEMS, including but not limited to the following topics. Papers may be original contributions or reviews, and they may be experimental or theoretical.
- Sensors and Actuators
- mechanical (strain, pressure, etc.)
- chemical and electrochemical
- Electroactive and smart materials
- shape memory polymers
- gels, conjugated polymers
- technologies for cell culture, cell analysis, drug testing
- systems for proteomics, metabolomics, genomics, etc.
- components, including microvalves, pumps
- sample preparation
- integration with circuitry
- integration with Si MEMS
- printing (ink jet, screen), rapid prototyping
- molding, embossing, roll-to-roll processing
- etching, laser machining
- electrochemical deposition
- UV-crosslinking, surface modification
- Novel form factors
- flexible, stretchable, foldable systems
- large-area systems
- 3D microsystems, spheres, tubes, fibers
Dr. Elisabeth Smela
- microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- lab on a chip
- micro total analysis systems (MicroTAS)
- smart material
- electroactive material
Download All Papers Sort by: