Special Issue "Mechanical Alloying"
A special issue of Metals (ISSN 2075-4701).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 October 2016)
Dr. Chun-Liang Chen
The materials fabricated by mechanical alloying (MA) make a significant contribution to industrial applications. They represent a highly diverse and strongly multidisciplinary area, with links to numerous industrial sectors such as aerospace, energy, construction, automotive, transport, packaging, security and defense.
Mechanical alloying was selected as the most appropriate processing method to produce oxide dispersion strengthened (ODS) alloys that can be used at high temperature and radiation resistance applications. This special issue will include all aspects of theory, methods, materials and applications of mechanical alloying. Contributions in the following topics are encouraged.
- Synthesis and processing in solid-state science and technology: high-energy milling, severe plastic deformation of materials (SPD), reaction milling.
- New materials/processes: oxide dispersion strengthened (ODS) alloys, nanomaterial, nano-composites, and quasi-crystalline phases/materials.
- Structural characterization: mechanically induced structural changes in materials (point defects, dislocations, clusters, precipitates, grain boundaries), surfaces and interfaces in activated solids.
- New equipment and procedures: milling equipment based on improved milling dynamics, processing optimization and milling contamination.
Dr. Chun-Liang Chen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Metals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- mechanical alloying
- oxide dispersion strengthened alloys