Special Issue "Managing Forests and Water for People under a Changing Environment"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 February 2019
Dr. Ge Sun
Global environmental change poses increasing challenges for managing forests and water for sustainable development. The joint “International Forests and Water Conference 2018, Valdivia, Chile” http://forestsandwater2018.cl/ represents the first of its kind, and offers a unique forum to understand forest and water issues in Latin America under a global context. The conference promotes the exchange of understanding and experience from the realms of research, policy, and public involvement through developing international research collaborations. Selected papers presented at the conference are invited to contribute to this Special Issue. Major themes include:
1. Forests and water: the role of arts, humanities, and communication
2. The 2030 Agenda framework for forests and waters
3. Forest ecosystems, water and climate change adaptation
4. Forest certification, government policy and water resources
5. Ecosystem service tradeoffs involving water from native forests and plantations
6. Aquatic and Riparian Biodiversity—forest ecosystem–stream connections
7. Social aspects of watershed management and monitoring
8. Agroforestry and water
9. Forest ecosystem restoration for aquatic ecosystem services
10. Forests in the food–water–energy nexus
11. Modeling and decision support systems linking forest hydrology, management, and policy
12. The Forest-Water Network: Planning tools
Dr. Ge Sun
Prof. Kevin Bishop
Prof. Silvio Ferraz
Prof. Julia Jones
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Forests is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Forest hydrology
- Watershed management
- Climate change
- Forest policy and water
- Decision Support System