Epigenomes (ISSN 2075-4655) is an open access journal which provides an advanced forum for research studies on Epigenetics and Epigenomics. It publishes primarily original research papers, short communications and reviews. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. We also encourage the publication of timely reviews and of commentaries on hot topics of interest to the Epigenomics community.
The scope of Epigenomes includes, but is not limited to the following subjects:
- Functional studies dealing with identification, modus operandi, structure-function relationships or biological activity of methylases, demethylases, acetylases, methyl-binding proteins, or any other type of enzymes involved in DNA or histone modifications
- Studies reporting genome-wide epigenetic status of cells or tissues in specific biologically relevant contexts
- Studies describing insights into the role of epigenetics in physical diseases (e.g. cancer, premature aging, allergy, obesity, …) and psychopathologies (e.g. Schizophrenia, Autism, Addiction, …)
- Studies describing the effect of environmental changes on the epigenetic status of cells or tissues
- Studies describing the inheritance or fixation of epigenetic characteristics
- Description of novel methods to study DNA methylation, Histone methylation, Histone acetylation or other types of epigenetic modifications in a genome-wide fashion
- Studies describing novel tools and technologies for epigenetic studies and therapeutics
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Epigenomes is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Epigenomes will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is Epigenomes@mdpi.com. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th. 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Fax: +86 027 8761 2588
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is Epigenomes@mdpi.com.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.