Special Issue "Entropy-Based Applied Cryptography and Enhanced Security for Ubiquitous Computing"
A special issue of Entropy (ISSN 1099-4300).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2015
Entropy is a basic and important concept in information theory by Claude E. Shannon. It is also often used as a measure of the unpredictability of a cryptographic key in cryptography research areas. Ubiquitous computing (Ubi-comp) has emerged rapidly as an exciting new paradigm. Together with these trends, applied cryptography and security have become a rising big issue for providing secure and trust computing in the next generation information and communications. A detailed discussion of these issues would include applied cryptography and security concerns that cover amongst others, confidentiality, integrity, and availability (including various application areas). In particular, these topics will comprehensively focus on the important aspects of entropy-based applied cryptography and enhanced security for Ubi-comp.
- Specific topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Entropy-based Applied Cryptographic aspects of Ubi-comp
- Entropy-based Hash Functions for Ubi-comp
- Mathematical and Algorithmic Foundations of Applied Cryptography
- Cryptography algorithms in ubiquitous and personal devices
- Advanced Design and Analysis of Cryptographic Algorithms for Ubi-comp
- Public Key Cryptosystems for Ubi-comp
- Authentication and Access Control for Ubi-comp
- Privacy Protection and Trust Computing for Ubi-comp
- Entropy-based Network Security Issues for Ubi-comp
- Information Hiding and Digital Forensics in Ubi-comp
- Security Issues for IoT, Converged IT, V2X
- Security issues in cloud computing and social networks
This Special Issue aims to provide advanced theories and applications; researchers should contribute original research and review articles that present state-of-the-art research outcomes, practical results in entropy-based applied cryptographic models, and enhanced security system for Ubi-comp.
Profs. James Park
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Entropy is an international peer-reviewed Open Access monthly journal published by MDPI.
- applied cryptography
- ubiquitous computing security
- cryptography algorithms
- public key cryptosystems
- access control
- privacy protection
- trust computing
- entropy based network security
- information hiding
- digital forensics