Travel Award 2018
On behalf of the Evaluation Committee, we are pleased to announce the winner of the 2018 Diversity Travel Award.
The Award has been granted to:
Raquel A. Garcia, a Postdoctoral fellow at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. Her work links climate change geography, biogeography, and thermal ecology to understand the mechanisms underlying species responses to climate change. She attended the IBS Climate Change Biogeography Meeting in Portugal where she presented her work “Rethinking climate change vulnerability indices”. The Award consists of 800 Swiss Francs to support her attendance at this conference.
We would like to thank all the applicants for submitting their applications, describing the diverse and fascinating range of topics that they are investigating.
Prof. Dr. Michael Wink
Diversity (ISSN 1424-2818) is an open access journal on the science of biodiversity, published quarterly online by MDPI. It is indexed in Scopus, Zoological Record, etc. For more information on Diversity, please visit our website: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/diversity.
Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for a Postdoctoral fellow to attend a conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Michael Wink
1. Candidates must be postdoctoral fellows who are performing research in any field of Diversity.
2. They will participate in an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation or poster).
3. The awardee is asked to acknowledge the support from the journal Diversity in his/her presentation.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1. The abstract and details for the conference.
2. A CV, including a complete list of publications.
3. A letter of recommendation from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all requirements.
4. A letter of acceptance from the conference organizers.
The Award will consist of 800 Swiss Francs.
Please send the application by 28 February 2018. The winner will be announced in Diversity by 15 April 2018.