Travel Award 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for a Postdoctoral fellow to attend a conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Michael Wink
1. Candidates must be postdoctoral fellows who are performing research in any field of Diversity.
2. They will participate in an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation or poster).
3. The awardee is asked to acknowledge the support from the journal Diversity in his/her presentation.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1. The abstract and details for the conference.
2. A CV, including a complete list of publications.
3. A letter of recommendation from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all requirements.
4. A letter of acceptance from the conference organizers.
The Award will consist of 800 Swiss Francs.
Please send the application by 28 February 2018. The winner will be announced in Diversity by 15 April 2018.
Travel Award 2017
On behalf of the Evaluation Committee, we are pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Diversity Travel Award.
The Award has been granted to:
Jeremy Bird, a PhD student at the University of Queensland, Australia. His work is focused on the conservation ecology of burrowing petrels following the eradication of invasive mammals from sub-Antarctic Macquarie Island. He is planning to present his work, A Review of Monitoring of Ecosystem Responses to Island Invasive Species Eradications, at Island Invasives Conference 2017. The Award consists of 800 Swiss Francs to attend this conference
We would like to thank all the applicants for submitting their diverse and fascinating range of research topics.
Prof. Dr. Michael Wink