Interactions in Crystal Structures
A section of Crystals (ISSN 2073-4352).
This section, and the others of this journal, ensures rapid publication of research results. It covers all aspects of interactions in crystals structures; their nature or the analysis of different types of interactions, such as the hydrogen bond which is most frequently the subject of studies. However, other types of interactions: halogen bond, pnicogen bond and all those which are classified as σ-hole bonds, could also be included. Interactions between ions and numerous other interactions are not overlooked here, as well as different types of crystals if the typology is based on the dominant kind of interactions; i.e., ionic, metallic, covalent or molecular crystals.
Other topics related to interactions in crystal structures are welcome; for example coordination chemistry; the influence of the intermolecular interactions on the geometry and arrangement of species constituting crystals; cooperativity effects; crystal motifs (synthons); the relationship between molecular and crystal structures, etc.
Crystal structure analyses, if they are supported by discussion on inter- and/or intramolecular interactions, are welcome, or if supported by theoretical results that allow to deepen understanding of the nature of interactions.
Original research articles, reviews, mini reviews, letters and communications are all suitable submissions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Chemical Bonding in Crystals and Their Properties (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Compounds with Polar Metallic Bonding (Deadline: 31 October 2018)
- NMR Crystallography (Deadline: 30 November 2018)
- Novel Hydrogen-bonded Materials with Significant Physical Properties (Deadline: 1 July 2019)
- Self-Assembled Supramolecular Polymers via Strong H Bonding (Deadline: 12 October 2018)
- σ- and π-Hole Interactions in Crystals (Deadline: 28 February 2019)