Travel Award 2018
The editorial team of Biology are inviting applications for a Travel Award for doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers to support attending a conference of their choice in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee Chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Chris O’Callaghan.
- Applicants must be PhD students or postdoctoral fellows working in the field of biology.
- Applicants plan to attend an international conference in 2018 to present their research (oral or poster presentation).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference indicating the conference name and website.
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- A justification letter (max. 500 words) describing the focus of their research, and what benefits the applicant could get from attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation (max. 400 words) from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all requirements.
The award consists of 800 CHF (or 810 USD/720 EUR).
Please apply by clicking the button above before 31 January 2018. The winners will be informed via email and also announced on the homepage of Biology in April 2018.