The “superlubricity” phenomenon (SL for short), lubricant regimes when friction coefficient vanishes to ultra-low values, is one of the main current paths to reduce friction. After the success of the 1st workshop in 2015 [see http://www.lfs.usp.br/superlubricity2015], new scientific insights and industrial applications have raised. To mention just a few: new mechanisms for SL on carbon based coatings were proposed; SAE 0W-8 oils entered in production; SL was experimentally verified with coatings other than DLC on actual piston rings and formulated oils; mirror-like and laser textured cylinder bores are being used on both SI and CI engines. However, more fundamental and technological knowledge is still needed to fully understand the complex SL phenomenon. To obtain the SL benefits in terms of wear and fuel savings, a synergic study on lube additives, component coatings and surface finish is necessary.
The two-day workshop will discuss state of art academic and industrial research in the fields of “surface functionalization” and “super-lubricity”. More specifically the workshop will discuss synergic solutions (coating, lube additive, surface finish) that can lead to very low friction under the lubricated regimes found on automotive applications.
LUBMAT is a common initiative between TEKNIKER and JOST Institute for lubrication and tribology which realized that even though there were numerous international congresses dealing with the scientific approach for lubrication and wear, there were not any specific industrially focused. LUBMAT intends to address the industrial public without losing sight of the academic and scientific vision. LUBMAT is a well-established event that is in its 6th edition. Contributions are expected on all aspects of these three main topics:
Asia International Conference on Tribology (ASIATRIB) is the mega event in the series of International Tribology Conferences under the auspices of the Asian Tribology Council (ATC), the apex body of national tribology society of Asia-Pacific countries such as China, Korea, Japan, Australia, India, Malaysia and others. This conference is organized every four years with the great involvements from the various universities and major industry players.
In 2018, Malaysia will become the first South-east Asian country to host ASIATRIB. The sixth series of ASIATRIB will be organized by Malaysian Tribology Society (MYTRIBOS). The conference will take place in Kuching, Sarawak Malaysia, from 17 to 20 September 2018. ASIATRIB2018 is supported by the Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB, the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovative Malaysia (MOSTI) and the International Tribology Council (ITC).
The objectives of the conference are:
• To share the pioneering research ideas among academicians, researchers, students, authorities, and practitioners from universities, industries, institutions, and related agencies all around the world through oral presentations.
• To create a platform for bilateral cooperation between interested parties among delegates in the spirit of sharing ideas through creative and innovative approaches and pushing the frontier of knowledge forward in the respective areas of research.
• To provide an opportunity for delegates especially young researchers and students to meet up in person with established and renown people from local and abroad in the respective field to get experiences, exchange research ideas, and build rapport through informal discussions.
The use of polymer materials in tribological contacts has increased rapidly in the past few decades. The demand for the polymer-based tribological contacts is evermore increasing, and this trend appears to hold in the future as well.
There are several aspects of polymer properties, production, design and use that could be further improved and tailored to achieve better friction and wear performance, which is the goal of this conference.
After the 2nd Polytrib conference held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in 2016, with more than 70 attendees from 18 countries, and more than half coming from industrial sector, the 3rd PolyTrib conference tends to bring together a broader range of participants in the whole exploitation chain, from the research and manufacturing to the sales sectors. The goal is to enlarge the audience and serve as a world-wide recognised event for exchange of knowledge in tribology of polymers, which is broadly lacking today.
The conference will welcome several distinguished invited keynote speakers, regular technical sessions, posters, exhibition and social events, with accompanying persons programme.
The integrated world of optimized lubrication of powertrains and all involved components is the focus of the 5th GETLUB conference. From technologies for the optimization of friction processes, standards and guidelines, to the application of lubricants, this practice-oriented conference offers groundbreaking contents and
showcases the latest trends.
In 2018 the conference opens to an international audience and, for the first time, invites German and international experts from industry and science to engage in dialogue, knowledge exchange and networking. Take the opportunity, share your experiences with an international community and help shape tomorrow's technologies with
Submit your abstract by April 20, 2018
GETLUB Call for Papers: http://getlub.de/en/call-for-papers/
The OilDoc Conference and Exhibition is the trend-setting event in the fields of lubrication, maintenance and condition monitoring. It is also a platform for acknowledged experts in the fields of research, development and science as well as for experienced engineers. They present their latest academic insights and results of research and provide crucial impetus to practitioners.
The main topics of the OilDoc Conference:
- Condition Monitoring & Maintenance 4.0
- Oil Condition Monitoring – Online • On-Site • Offline
- Fluid Management – Innovative & Sustainable
- Lubricants – Latest developments
- Tribology – Research targeting Experience
- Lubricants – Design to Application
- Metal working and forming lubrication
- Lubrication in Special Environments
- Functional fluids – Everything but lubrication
Participants receive new suggestions and information how to cope with lubrication and maintenance challenges in their daily work activities.
- Get to know all the recent developments.
- Be prepared for future opportunities and risks.
- Meet all major experts at just one event.
- Excellent networking opportunities.
- Reception and special evening events.