Open positions at MDPI
MDPI is committed to sustainability. We believe that diversity is an essential building block to sustainability. As such we foster a diversified working environment and we treat job applications without consideration of gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, origin, disability, age, marital status or political affiliation.
Communications & Marketing Internship (100%, 12 months)
MDPI is an academic open access publisher based in Basel, Switzerland, founded initially to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples in 1996. To promote the samples collection, MDPI started the free electronic journal Molecules that same year.
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with more than 130 diverse open access journals. With further editorial offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China) MDPI is backed by more than 6,500 editorial board members worldwide.
As a member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics), MDPI enforces rigorous peerreview and adheres to strict ethical policies and standards.
We are looking for a young, dynamic and creative person to join our team as Communications & Marketing Intern as of September 2015.
What your role covers
• Updating material for external communications along with Communications & Marketing Manager, such as journal flyers, conference brochures, corporate brochure or other promotional material
• Coordinating projects, such as MDPI’s journals marketing activities
• Supporting Communications & Marketing Manager with ad-hoc requests
• Administrative duties
Your key skills
• accuracy and attention to detail
• ability to work to tight deadlines
• excellent time management and organizational skills
• professional approach to time and deadlines
• understanding latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
Please send your application by 17.07.2015 at the latest to Cornelia Bauer, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +41 61 683 77 34.
MDPI AG (www.mdpi.com) is an international academic publisher of peer-reviewed scholarly open access journals. The headquarters are located in Basel, Switzerland with branch offices in Beijing and Wuhan, China.
For our headquarters in Basel, we are looking for an Editor in a full-time employment.
- Support our Managing Editor in processing of manuscripts
- Execute editorial work for one or more journals, mainly in the domain natural sciences
- Help with specific tasks related to organization of conferences
- Ph.D. degree (ideally)
- experience in publishing
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language
Questions and Application
Please direct your questions and application letter with CV by E-Mail to Dr. Franck Vazquez, Email:email@example.com with a copy to Cornelia Bauer, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org