St. Alban-Anlage 66,
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 61 683 77 34
Fax: +41 61 302 89 18
For more contact information, see here.
Open positions at MDPI
MDPI is committed to sustainability. We believe that diversity is an essential building block to sustainability. As such we foster a diversified working environment and we treat job applications without consideration of gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, origin, disability, age, marital status or political affiliation.
Part-time Student for IT Support (40-50%)
MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute) is an academic open access
publisher, established in 1996 in Basel (Switzerland). We publish over 170 peer-reviewed open access journals across all academic fields and offer publishing-related initiatives to scholars. 95% of papers published in 2017 are available in the prestigious Web of Science index.
In addition, we offer services to scholars (e.g. Sciforum.net, Preprints.org, ...) and organize scientific events to enhance dissemination of research results and facilitate scholarly discussion.
MDPI currently has 1000 employees working in offices in Basel (Switzerland),
Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain) and Belgrade (Serbia).
For our headquarters in Basel, Switzerland we are looking for a part-time student (40-50%) to support our web development and IT support teams. You will work as full stack developer covering both, backend and frontend. You must be interested in the latest web technologies and able to work to exceptional standards.
You can expect to work as part of a dynamic team and with high flexibility. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain existing PHP applications
- Implement new functions
- Provide IT support for office staff in Basel
- PHP, MySQL, JS, Linux – required
- Symfony, CSS, Doctrine, Twig, MongoDB – a plus
- Strong English language skills
- Currently studying in a related field
- Strong interest in technology
- Be able to work as part of a global team
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Tel. +41 61 683 77 34.
Senior Managing Editor
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of journals, planning for the strategy and scientific scope of the journal, including organizing Special Issues on hot topics and latest trends in the disciplines covered by the journal.
- Control the quality of the articles.
- Follow up the journal’s marketing work and monitor the costs of the marketing budget; ensure marketing work for paper soliciting and promotion.
- Maintain customer relationships, including but not limited to networking with editorial board members (EBMs), guest editors (GE), authors and reviewers.
- Responsible for assembling the journal team, requesting a recruitment plan according to the development of journals.
- Actively interact with the Editorial Director, and express opinions that represent the journal team.
- Other related work.
- Master or PhD degree required, preferably in Sciences fields.
- Proficient command of both spoken and written English.
- More than 4 years working experience in the STM publishing industry.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Organizational and computer (E-Mail, Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) skills needed. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office are desired.
- Ability to communicate with, and respond to customers and other employees in a professional, clear, and understandable manner.
Salary and Benefits:
¥20000+/month, can be negotiated
Wuhan: 25th Floor, Shangwen Technology Mansion, No. 6, Rd. JingAn, Wuchang District, Wuhan
Haidian: 8th Floor, Aerospace Cooperation Building, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road,
Haidian District, Beijing, China
Tongzhou: Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing, China